Lockheed F-35A Lightning II
A 1/72 scale premium diecast model of a Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II, 19-5473, 495th FS, 48th FW, RAF Lakenheath, December 2021.
This premium model features:
- True 1/72 scale, ensuring accurate representation of the iconic aircraft
- Professionally painted with great attention to detail
- All markings are tampoed (pad applied) for a realistic look
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided, with the landing gear in the up or down positions
- Canopy that can be displayed open or closed
- Removable pilot figure included for added realism
- Made of extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic, making it a durable and long-lasting addition to your collection
- Highly sought after and collectable
This model has a nose-to-tail length of 21.5cm (8.4") and a wingspan width of 14.6cm (5.7").
- Secure Payment
- Worldwide Delivery
- 30 day returns
Get ready to be amazed by the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, a family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole fighters! Designed to perform ground-attack and air-superiority missions, this amazing aircraft is setting new standards in modern warfare. With three main variants, the F-35A, F-35B, and F-35C, this versatile fighter jet serves the United States Air Force (USAF), Marine Corps (USMC), and Navy (USN) as well as numerous international partners and customers.
Design and Development
The F-35 Lightning II's story begins in the 1990s, when the United States embarked on the ambitious Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program. Its goal? To replace several aging fighter aircraft with a single, state-of-the-art platform. Lockheed Martin won the competition in 2001, and the F-35 program was born. Today, it represents the largest military aircraft procurement program in history, with over 3,000 units planned for production.
The F-35 is all about advanced technology! With a radar-evading stealth design, cutting-edge sensors, and unparalleled situational awareness, it provides pilots with a decisive edge in combat. Its sophisticated avionics, powerful engine, and agile airframe allow for a wide range of mission capabilities.
The first F-35A entered service with the USAF in 2016, followed by the F-35B for the USMC and the F-35C for the USN. Since then, the F-35 has been a game-changer for allied air forces around the globe. Its stealth capabilities, high-speed performance, and advanced sensor suite make it a formidable adversary in the skies.
The F-35 Lightning II has participated in numerous training exercises, integrating seamlessly with other advanced aircraft and systems. It has also demonstrated its combat capabilities in real-world operations, contributing to the success of critical missions.
- Length: 50.5 ft (15.4 m) - 51.5 ft (15.7 m) depending on variant
- Wingspan: 35 ft (10.7 m) - 43 ft (13.1 m) depending on variant
- Height: 14.2 ft (4.33 m) - 14.7 ft (4.48 m) depending on variant
- Max Speed: Mach 1.6 (1,200 mph, 1,930 km/h)
- Range: 1,200 nmi (2,220 km) - 1,800 nmi (3,330 km) depending on variant
- Service Ceiling: 50,000 ft (15,240 m)
- Armament: Various air-to-air, air-to-ground, and anti-ship missiles, as well as precision-guided bombs
In conclusion, the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a revolutionary aircraft that's redefining the future of aerial warfare. With its advanced technology, exceptional performance, and unmatched versatility, it's easy to see why the F-35 is the aircraft of choice for air forces around the world!
- Model Scale
- Zinc Alloy
You might also like
Frequently purchased together