Lockheed Martin F-16C "Wraith"
A 1/72 scale premium diecast model of a Lockheed Martin F-16C "Wraith" - 89-2048, 64th Aggressor Sqn., Nellis AFB, 2020.
This premium model features:
- True 1/72 scale, ensuring accurate representation of the iconic aircraft
- Professionally painted with great attention to detail
- All markings are tampoed (pad applied) for a realistic look
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided, with the landing gear in the up or down positions
- Canopy that can be displayed open or closed
- Removable pilot figure included for added realism
- Made of extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic, making it a durable and long-lasting addition to your collection
- Highly sought after and collectable
- Secure Payment
- Worldwide Delivery
- 30 day returns
Meet the Iconic F-16 Fighting Falcon
Get ready to discover the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon, a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft that has captivated aviation enthusiasts and served air forces around the world. Developed by General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin), the F-16 has been a critical player in air combat since its introduction in 1978.
A Perfect Blend of Design and Development
What makes the F-16 truly special is its innovative design and development. This legendary fighter aircraft was born from the Lightweight Fighter program (LWF) of the 1970s. The LWF aimed to develop a cost-effective, lightweight fighter that could perform various missions while keeping the aircraft's weight and size to a minimum. The F-16's unique design features include a frameless bubble canopy for excellent visibility, a side-mounted control stick for easy handling, and a reclined seat to reduce the impact of g-forces on the pilot.
Unmatched Operational History
The F-16's impressive operational history speaks for itself. With over 4,600 units built and service in 25 nations, this fighter aircraft has been involved in numerous conflicts and peacekeeping missions. The F-16 has participated in operations such as the Gulf War, the Iraq War, and NATO missions in the Balkans, demonstrating its prowess as a reliable and effective multirole aircraft.
- Length: 49 ft 5 in (15.06 m)
- Wingspan: 32 ft 8 in (9.96 m)
- Height: 16 ft (4.88 m)
- Maximum speed: Mach 2 (1,320 mph, 2,120 km/h)
- Range: 2,620 mi (4,220 km) with drop tanks
- Service ceiling: 50,000 ft (15,240 m)
- Rate of climb: 50,000 ft/min (254 m/s)
- Powerplant: 1 × General Electric F110-GE-100 afterburning turbofan
- Armament: 1 × 20 mm M61A1 Vulcan 6-barrel rotary cannon, various missiles and bombs
In conclusion, the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon remains an iconic symbol of aviation history and an essential asset for air forces worldwide. Its innovative design, outstanding performance, and exceptional versatility have made it a favorite among pilots and a key player in modern air combat. The F-16 truly stands as a testament to the power of human ingenuity and the endless possibilities of aerospace engineering.
- Model Scale
- Zinc Alloy
Frequently purchased together